If you are looking for a chocolate cake from scratch, you can’t go wrong here !! These cupcakes are the perfect Summer cupcakes, I promise you’ll be back for a second cupcake !!
Always remember to start your oven to preheat to 350 ° F, and line the muffin tray with cupcake liners before starting the mixing process.
° Graham crumbs: 1 to 1/3 cup
° Sugar: 5 tablespoons
° Unsalted butter: 5 tablespoons (melted)
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
° Sugar: 1 cup
° All-purpose flour: 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
° Hershey’s cocoa powder: 6 tablespoons
° Baking powder: 3/4 teaspoon
° Baking soda: 3/4 teaspoon
° Salt: 1/2 tsp
° Milk: 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
° Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup
° Egg: 1 large (lightly beaten)
° Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
° Boiling water: 1/2 cup
° Egg whites: 2
° Sugar: ½ cup
° Cream of tartar: 1/4 teaspoon
° Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
For milk chocolate ganache:
° Heavy whipping cream: 1 cup
° Milk chocolate: 10 oz. (finely chopped)
° Vegetable oil: 1/2 tablespoon
To Make the Peel:
- To start off the recipe, go ahead and place the rack in the middle of the oven and adjust the oven temperature to 325 ° F and line the cupcake boxes with 16 cupcake liners; set aside.
- Then you’re going to get a small bowl and combine in togther crunchy graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. And please mix well with a fork.
- After that, go ahead and squeeze about 1 to 1/2 tablespoon of the batter into the bottom of all cupcake liners. Finally, bake for 6 minutes and set aside to cool.
To Make a Cupcake:
- Alright, mix together cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- You’ll want to add the oil, milk, eggs and vanilla. Using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, mix for 120 seconds. You can then add the boiling water and whisk the mixture (until the mixture becomes thin). At this stage, the batter should be divided evenly between the cupcake liners on the crust (it should be 3/4 full)
- Well, bake until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean, it takes around 20 to 25 minutes. And please set aside to cool in the pan. Go ahead and empty the centers of each cupcake using a sharp knife or a cupcake cutter (be sure to cut off the top of each center and save for later to put it back on the filling).
To Make Marshmallow Filling:
- For marshmallow filling, you’re going to get a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water and beat in egg white, sugar and cream of tartar together until the sugar dissolves (be careful, the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl).
- For this part, go ahead and whisk over the boiling water until the egg mixture is warm. Once warm, you need to take it off the heat and continue mixing with the mixer until peaks form. You can then add vanilla and mix well.
- Once mixed, go ahead and transfer the filling to a tube bag with a round head or use a plastic bag, corner cut-out and cupcake filling. Always remember to place the top center of the cupcake.
To Make Ganache:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt together the chopped milk chocolate and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil. And please stir until completely smooth.
- Once completely smooth, go ahead and remove from heat also adding cold heavy whipping cream. And please stir well to combined.
- Ok, all that nees to be done now is to sprinkle ganache on cupcakes with a spoon. Make sure ganache is put in the refrigerator for a short time, just to keep it before cupcakes in case they runny.
- That’s it, keep it in the fridge & ENJOY !!!