A big thanks to my good friend, Lee, for recommending this awesome recipe! I am so excited to share this with you today! Oh, man, you need this in your life! Serve this with your favourite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a snack to remember. Enjoy!
50 grams unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
300 grams bread flour with 12% protein
15 grams milk powder
210 grams lukewarm water, at about 37°C
1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
25 grams caster sugar
35 grams condensed milk
For the Egg Wash:
vegetable oil spray or vegetable oil for greasing
1 Egg yolk
extra bread flour for dusting and shaping
1 teaspoon milk
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients aside from the butter. Beat until well combined.
- Add the butter and knead for about 25 minutes until the texture of the dough becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap, then place it in a warm area and let it rise for about an hour.
- Apply cooking spray in a 15×25-inch non-stick pan.
- Slice the dough into 15 even pieces, then form each into small balls. Leave them for another 10 minutes.
- Flatten each ball with a rolling pin. Fold each toward the centre.
- Flatten each out again, then fold toward the centre once again to form a square dough. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Arrange the dough into the prepared pan. Leave them for another hour at room temperature to rise.
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk and egg yolk. Beat until well blended.
- Brush each dough with the mixture. Make sure to coat them well.
- Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then leave them at room temperature. They can last up to 3 days or 3 months inside the freezer.
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!