Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad
One 5 pound bag medium Russet Potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small onion, chopped
Chives, to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until fork tender.
- Cool and cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks. Leave the skin on! It tastes better that way plus there are more nutrients left and it looks prettier. I put them in a separate bowl and once they cooled enough I put them in the fridge to cool all the way. This gives them an excellent texture and prevents the dairy ingredients from getting hot or the cheese from melting. If you are serving this salad hot then you don’t need to cool the potatoes, just skip that step!
- Mix the mayo and sour cream together in a bowl. Add to the potatoes, then add the onions, chives, bacon, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste – I use a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder for EVERYTHING so I never know exactly how much of either I put in. I think the taste is far superior to just using regular table salt and pepper.
- Top with extra shredded cheese, bacon, and chives, and serve!
This is a simple and inexpensive side dish for any meal but especially great to take to a barbecue. My favorite part is that this is one of the regular ole recipes that anyone would make without realizing that it happens to be gluten free naturally. Those are my favorite! No special ingredients or expensive grocery stores, just regular food that I can eat along with everybody else. And it’s delish! 🙂
1 32- oz. bag of hash browns, defrosted
14 oz. kielbasa, thawed and cut into small pieces
1 small onion, diced
1/3 cup of butter , melted
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mix of monterey jack and cheddar)
10.5 oz can cream of chicken
1 cup whole milk
Combine hash browns, kielbasa, onion, and 2 cups of the cheese in a
greased crock pot.
In a separate bowl, combine cream of chicken, butter and milk. Pour over hash
Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Cook on high for 3 hours.
For the Crust:
– 2 cups graham of cracker crumbs
– 3 Tablespoons of sugar
– 5 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt
For the Filling:
– 2 lbs. full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
– 1½ cups of sugar
– ¼ tsp. of salt
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
– 4 eggs-room temperature
– 1 cup sour cream-room temperature Strawberry
– 1 lb. fresh strawberries-diced
– 6 Tablespoons sugar
– 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the rack in lower third.
- Now, you should place double layer of extra-large aluminum foil under your 9 inch springform pan and then cover the bottom and sides of the pan, wrap it tightly around the sides to make certain no water gets in during baking in water bath.
- To make the crust, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and salt. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of springform pan and bake for approx 12 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Once done, turn down the oven temperature to 325 F!!!
- To make the filling beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Afterwards, beat in salt, vanilla, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Next, beat in eggs one at a time and run your mixer on low speed and just slowly combine ingredients until smooth. And please don’t incorporate a lot of air into the batter.
- Finally, beat in sour cream.
- Place springform pan into roasting pan then pour the batter into springform pan and smooth the top. Pour in roasting pan boiling water halfway up the side of the springform pan, be certain no water drip on the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour at 325 F.
- When the cheesecake is baked let it sit in the oven with the door slightly open for 1 hour (don’t forget to turn off the oven!!!)
- make sure you remove the cheesecake from the water bath, dry the bottom of the pan, run a thin knife around the edges to loosen the cake and then let it cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, cover the top and place it in the fridge to chill during the night (or at least 5 hours) before you add strawberry topping. Make sure you run a thin knife around the cake and release the ring from springform pan then transfer the cake onto serving plate.
- In a sauce pan combine half of the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- When thickned, remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and remaining strawberries and cool to a room temperature, then spread over the cake!
3-4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large yellow onion, diced finely
4 stalks celery, diced finely
2 medium carrots, diced finely
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 large white potatoes, skin removed and diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
8 oz. ditalini pasta
Combine chicken breasts, vegetables, diced tomatoes, about 8 cups of water (or just enough to cover everything by about an inch), chopped parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred.
Gently mash the vegetables in the soup about 3-4 times.
Prepare ditalini pasta according to package instructions and drain.
Add shredded chicken and cooked pasta to the slow cooker and stir.
Cake is arguably the hardest dessert to resist. Snack, birthday: there is always a time to take a part.
1 small spoon vanilla extract 2 eggs
° 2 cups flour, sifted
° 1 1/4 cup sugar
° 1 cup milk
° 1 large spoon baking powder
° 1 small spoon salt
° 1/2 cup butter, softened
Preheat oven at 350 F. Greased & flour two 8 inch 2 inch baking pans and set apart .
In a big blending bowl sift together flour, baking powder ,sugar, & salt.
Join butter,vanilla and milk . With a hand blender, whisk about 3 min, sometimes erasure down sides of bowl
Add eggs & whisk about 3 min more .
Lay batter to prepared pans, parting evenly among pans. Bake 31 to 36 minutes, Take from oven.
Cool in the pans about 11 min and turn cakes out to a chill rack to cool totally .
Freezing with favorite frosting. I employed my favourite chocolate frosting, one on spine of the Hersey’s cocoa box .
1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie
6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups of water
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Brush with melted butter a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Step 3: Sprinkle flour on a flat surface. Roll in the pastry into a vast rectangle. Slice the dough into 6 pieces squares.
Step 4: Place one apple on every square. Arrange it facing upward.
Step 5: Slice the butter into 8 pieces. Put a piece of butter on every apple. Set aside the rest of the butter.
Step 6: Poke some small holes on the apples and sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Step 7: Get the two corners and fold in the middle and seal each dumpling. Pinch the sides and completely seal.
Step 8: In a medium saucepan, add in the white sugar, water, the rest of the butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until well mixed. Turn the heat to medium and allow it to boil for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved completely. Transfer the mixture into the dumplings.
Step 9: Place inside the preheated oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 10: Remove from the oven and transfer the dumplings into a large dessert bowl. Pour in the sauce over.
Step 11: Serve and enjoy!
2 avocado, NS as to Florida or Californias avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup salsa
garlic salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
4 plum tomato (blank)s roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives – drained and finely chopped
Step 1: In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Mix in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt and pepper.
Step 2: In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
Step 3: In a 9×13 inch dish or on a large serving platter, spread the refried beans. Top with sour cream mixture. Spread on guacamole. Top with tomatoes, green onions, Mexican-style cheese blend and black olives.
2 lbs ground beef
3 tsp minced garlic
3 c water
2 cans tomato sauce 15 oz cans
2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz cans
3 bay leaves
3 TB soy sauce
1 TB seasoned salt
2 TB Italian seasoning
2 c elbow macaroni uncooked
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain.
Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving.
These easy old-fashioned cabbage rolls are so tasty and ultra comforting! Cabbage leaves are stuffed with a seasoned ground beef mixture, topped with tomato sauce and baked. So hearty and delicious!
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup uncooked white rice
8 cabbage leaves
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
How To Make It
In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup white sugar
2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
1 ¾ cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
Step 1: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in 1 can of pineapple and whipped topping to cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth.
Step 2: Pour mixture into crust and top with other can of pineapple. Cover and chill for 2 hours.