Seriousely, I don’t bake well but these Soft, delicate, tender and melt in your mouth buttery Butter Biscuits are impressive and so easy to make !!
YOU’LL NEED :
– All-purpose flour : 2 cups (packed) *make sure to omit baking powder and salt if you want to use self-rising flour
– Baking powder: 1 Tbsp (if using self-rising flour, just leave out)
– Salt : ½ tsp (you can also leave out if using self-rising flour)
– Salted butter: ½ cup (cut in small pieces) *make sure to add ¼ tsp more salt than above if using unsalted
– Milk: 1 cup (regular or buttermilk)
STEPS TO MAKE IT :
STEP 1 :
I always preheat my oven to 400 F before starting.
STEP 2 :
Then you’re going to get a large mixing bowl and combine in flour, baking powder, and salt. Always rmember to add butter in smallish pieces.
STEP 3 :
Next, combine together flour mixture and butter with your hands (or a pastry blender) until butter is pea sized and mixture is crumbly.
STEP 4 :
Immediately, pour in milk and combine with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. And please be careful not to over mix.
STEP 5 :
At this point, you need to turn out onto a floured surface and roll out dough to about ¾ inch thick.
STEP 6 :
Using biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. You’ll want to add each to ungreased cookie sheet or iron skillet. Most importantly, biscuits should touch for higher rise during baking.
STEP 7 :
Finally, bake until browned, it takes around 10 minutes.