1 2/3 c all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 c and 4 teaspoons of butter
1 2/3 c white sugar
1 2/3 c mashed overripe bananas
3 eggs beaten
3/4 c and 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- SIft the flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Mix in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loafs.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.
- Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for two hours or more before serving. TIP: Do not taste or cut the loaves in advance.