Recipe by the amazing Aurora McBee and Photo by Lynn Socko
This was one of the most popular lunches our school cooks made for us. My family also loves it. It’s an easy weeknight dinner and also freezes well. I often make a double batch and freeze one pan for later.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 4
1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
1 c instant rice
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c american cheese chunks
1 can(s) corn
salt & pepper to taste
- Brown beef and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Have ready a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together rice, soups, corn, and American cheese chunks.
- Place browned meat into baking dish. Pour rice mixture over the top. Cover with foil and bake 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.