- 5 boneless Chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces of Ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (1 ½ and 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cup marinara, (divided, into 1 cup and ½ cup)
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400*
Make a slit in each chicken breast without cutting all the way through
In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, and 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine well.
Using a spoon, spread marinara on the inside of the slit, both top, and bottom
Spoon a large spoonful of the ricotta mix into the slit of each piece of chicken
Fold the top section back over the bottom section of chicken
Spoon more marinara over each chicken breast
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the tops of the chicken
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is done, temperature reading of 165*
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and another sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Serve with a salad or roasted vegetables!