My hearty version of meatloaf is easy to prepare and so full of flavor..even better than that of a restaurant. Seriousely, hands down the best meatloaf you’ll ever had !!
– Butter: 1 tablespoon
– Onion: 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
– Salt: 1 ½ tsp
– Ground pepper: 1 ½ tspn
– Extra-lean ground beef: 2 lb.
– Bread: 3 slices (toasted and crumbled)
– Crackers: 7 butter (crumbled)
– Egg: 1 (beaten)
– Sour cream: 3 ½ tbsp
– Worcestershire sauce: 1 ½ tbsp
– Tomato sauce: 1 can, about 398 ml (divided)
– Milk : 1/4 cup (optional)
– Ketchup: 3 tablespoons
- Yields about 12 servings
- Start your oven to preheat to 350°F (175°C). In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Then you’re going to get a large bowl and combine in egg, onion, garlic, beef, sour cream, crumbled bread, crumbled crackers, Worcestershire sauce, and ½ can of tomato sauce together.
- You’ll want to add 1 tspn at a time, milk until the mixture is just moist but not liquid. And please press into the bottom of a 5 x 9-inch loaf pan.
- Alright now, you need to bake for 40 minutes. Then increase oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) and keep baking until the meatloaf reaches a temperature of 160°F (70°C), it takes around 15 minutes.
- The last thing you have to do is to combine the remaining tomato sauce with the ketchup in a small bowl. Immediately spread it over the meatloaf and bake for 10 minutes more.