Soft, luscious, pillowy bread !! These amazing recipe are a seasonal yeast bread traditionally served on Good Friday !!
- Plain flour: 500g (4cups)
- Milk: 250 ml
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Yeast: 7g (2 and quarter tsp)
- Egg: 1
- Butter : 50g
- Sugar: 3 Tbsp
- To start with, mix together milk & butter and warm on the stove, but do not boil the milk. You’ll want to sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Once done, put the yeast and egg in the well.
- Alright now, you may sprinkle the sugar on the flour and pour the milk mixture into the well and mix thoroughly, being careful it’s not runny. You can then knead the dough and put in an oiled boowl, covering with a wet dish towel or plastic wrap. Make sure to let to rise until double in size.
- At this point, you should knead aging to knock the air out of the dough. Immediately cut into smaller pieces and roll into balls, placing on a baking tray after the- first rise. Use a wet cloth or plastic-wrap to cover the tray.
- And please leave to rise- again. You should bake in a preheated Oven once it doubles again in size. It’s wise to bake yours at 185 for about 26 minutes.