I’ve been wanting to make a pizza meatloaf for awhile, and boy am I glad I finally did.. This was a little taste of heaven!!
This meatloaf is packed with the yummy flavors of a slice of pizza and smothered with them on top. ? I loved how easy it was to prepare, I had it in the oven within 10 minutes.. you can add all kinds of your usual favorite 0 point pizza toppings..I am sure this delicious dish will be a family favorite.. I mean whats not to love about pizza and meatloaf! ? Serves 10 at only 6 smart points each slice.
Ingredients for Meatloaf :
1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, toasted
1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
1 (14oz) jar Ragu Pizza Sauce, Prego’s, Classico’s or your favorite (divided)
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup zucchini, shredded
⅔ cup fat-free ricotta cheese, I used Trader Joe’s brand or your favorite
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
⅓ cup pizza sauce
(from the jar above)
½ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- To make bread crumbs: Toast bread. Break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs. Measure ½ cup crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, ⅔ cup pizza sauce, onions, zucchini, ricotta cheese, egg whites, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients. Blend well.
- Place meat mixture on the baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x 4″
- Spread ½ cup pizza sauce all over the top of the meatloaf and down the sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with remaining ⅓ cup pizza sauce on the top of the meatloaf. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
Makes 10 slices (each serving, 2 slices)
Nutrition info: for 2 slices :
225 calories, 6g fat, 2.6g sat. fat, 62mg chol, 28g protein, 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 588mg sod, 8g sugara, 6 SP