The One Egg Souffle Pancake Recipe (2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake)
1 large egg (room temperature)
2 tbsp plain flour / all purpose flour
1 tbsp milk
1.5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 – 4 drops of lemon juice / vinegar (for egg stabilization – omittable)
– This recipe doesn’t call for baking powder.
– Pre heat the pan at 4/9 level for 1 minute, grease the pan
– Scoop 2/3 of the batter into 2 pancakes
– Add 2 tsp (room temperature) water, cover and cook 2 minutes
– After 2 mins, scoop the rest of the batter into 2 pancakes (adding the batter into 2 batches prevents the pancakes spreading too much so they can be higher)
*** Reduce the heat to 3/9, add 1 tsp water, cover and cook 5 minutes
– Flip the pancakes, the pancake’s bottoms should be strong enough to flip easily now
– Cover and cook for extra 5 mins, let them sit inside the pan for 1 minute
– Serve them hot with fruit, butter and powdered sugar / syrup
For the one big pancake: Cook at 3/9 heat level for 7 minutes than flip and cook for extra 6 minutes
Caution: each stove works differently, adjust accordingly !
It is more difficult to make 1 big fat pancake than 2 smaller pancakes because you need the cake ring and teflon paper (baking paper). Also, the bigger pancake requires slightly lower heat and slightly longer cooking time (total 13 – 14 minutes compared with 12 minutes for smaller pancakes).