3 large chicken breasts
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
4 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- Spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray then place chicken in the
- Cut butter into 6-8 pieces then arrange on top of chicken.
- Combine broth, soup, salt and remaining seasoning in a mixing bowl then stir until
smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- If chicken was cooked on Low, increase temperature to High. Keep crock pot
covered at all times to keep heat in. The rice cooks best when starting with HOT
- Remove chicken from crock pot then shred with two forks. Add chicken and
uncooked rice to crock pot then cook on High for 45 minutes.
- Using a fork, stir rice, scraping the bottom and sides of the crock pot, once every
15 minutes. DO NOT over-stir the rice or it will break down and become gummy.
Do not open the crock pot more than necessary.
- Check the rice after 45 minutes. My crock pot will cook rice in 45 minutes but all
crock pots are different. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes longer if needed until
rice is tender.
- When ready to serve, stir once more with fork to fluff the rice. Serve with hot
sauce if desired.