Most people keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a medicine cabinet. However, few of them know what rubbing alcohol really is and how to use it.
There are 2 types rubbing alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol is usually made with a concentration of 70 percent alcohol and bitter additives that make the toxin unappealing to drink . Ethyl alcohol consists 97.5 to 100 percent denatured ethanol, which means that it has become unsafe to drink.
Rubbing alcohol Traditionally employed as a disinfectant, but it has a number benefits you force not have considered . Here are health benefits rubbing alcohol :
- Eliminate ticks. The key with ticks is to remove them as quickly as possible: dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and rub it around the tick. When the area has been well treated, use tweezers to remove the dangerous insect.
- Calm mosquito bites. To help soothe the bites, wipe the affected area with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.
- Kill the bugs. If bed bugs are infested, fill a spray bottle with rubbing isopropyl alcohol. Spray mattress, headboard, and box springs braiding. It works because rubbing alcohol kills insects on contact. Spray frequently to eliminate eggs. Be careful to make sure the alcohol is dry and the room is ventilated before you fall asleep on the bed after spraying.
- Kill the fruit flies. Fruit flies attack by spraying them with rubbing alcohol. Make sure your kitchen is well-ventilated when doing this.
- Stain removal. Mixing one section rubbing alcohol with 2 parts water. Pour to a spray bottle and spray directly onto stains.
- Eliminate bad smells from sports shoes. If your feet smell foul, spray the inside of your shoes with rubbing alcohol. Let shoes to dry over-night . Your shoes will smell like new.
- Take off the garlic hands. Use a bathtub and rinse your fingers with rubbing alcohol. After that, be sure to rinse your hands well with soap and water.
- Treats muscle pain. If you are experiencing muscle pain, try massaging your legs with rubbing alcohol. This home remedy is also recommended for joint pain.
- Sterilize hands. Instead of using store-bought hand sanitizer, create your own using 3 parts rubbing alcohol and 1 part aloe vera.
- Heal cold sores. Shrink cold sores by spraying alcohol directly onto the sore.
- Clean the glasses. Try spraying glasses with rubbing alcohol and wipe them with a soft cloth to clean them without streaking .