What a fun variation of our favourite summer staple! Let me tell, this cake is one of the best recipes I have ever made, and it may even be a little easier than the Banana Pudding itself. The combination of the classic ingredients of banana pudding wrapped makes an addictive cake! You can even play with the flavours endlessly by making your own versions, like this chocolate banana pudding that I could just dive into right now! I really wanted to make sure that the flavour of a classic banana pudding recipe was present in the cake, so I made this cake into a Banana Pudding Poke Cake which allowed the banana pudding to sink deep into the holes and turn the cake into a moist, yummy banana paradise!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz.)p ackage of instant banana cream pudding mix.
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- Optional: 2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray to spray a bundt pan. Next, add cake mix and pudding mix to a large bowl then add eggs, oil, water and mashed bananas.
- Beat, until the mixture is well blended, on low speed. Afterwards, beat again, but on medium speed for 4 minutes. If dsired, you can Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Once done, turn out on to a wire rack and cool completely.
For The Icing:
- Combine in a small bowl all ingredients and whisk until smooth and of a drizzling consistency. You should add a little more milk if the cake is too thick. Once cooled, drizzle icing over the cake in a zigzag motion.
I think I will enjoy a slice!