- 10 CUPS. Of popped popcorn.
- 1 CUP. Of brown sugar.
- 1/2 CUP. Of softened butter.
- 1/4 CUP. Of white Kari-syrup.
- 1 TSP.Of vanilla flavor.
- 1/2 TSP.Of salt.
- 1/2 TSP.Of baking soda.
HOW I MADE MY CARAMEL CORN!!!
- STEP 1:Pop the popcorn and put it in a large bowl, and set it aside.
- STEP 2:In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar, Karo syrup, salt, and butter together. Heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is soft and bubbly, over medium heat.
- STEP 3:Remove the caramel from the heat and add the baking soda and vanilla extract, all of which would be bubbly and foamy.
- STEP 4:Pour the mixture over the popping corn and swirl well until it is filled with all the kernels.
You can leave it at this point like it is for some good, chewy caramel corn or you can bake it up to make it good and crispy.
- STEP 5:Bake on an oiled baking sheet at 225 degrees for about an hour for crunchy caramel corn, stirring after 15 minutes, or until it hits the perfect crunch stage.
Be careful when you put a bowl of this in front of you, because it’s almost difficult to control yourself, it’s almost impossible to stop eating it!!!