Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
This Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole is so easy, filling and most everyone enjoys it! Just follow my instructions and I promise you’ll have a perfect side dish for eggs or a single tasty dish, prepared in a few minute !!
YOU’LL NEED :
- All-purpose potatoes: 1.2 kg
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Sausages to your taste (smoked, Frankfurt type, fresh sausages, Bratwurst…): 350 g
- Onion: 1 medium
- Grated cheese: 120 g (for gratinating)
- Cooking liquid cream: 250 ml (milk cream)
- Mustard: a good spoonful
- Salt, pepper, and nutmeg
- Yields around 6 servings
- Before you start the preparation, peel and wash the onions and potatoes. Then make sure the onions are cut into small pieces and the potatoes into thin slices.
- After that, go ahead and heat a casserole with butter or oil and sauté the onion for a couple of minutes. Always remember to add the sausages before the onion gets colored, and let them brown a little.
- You’ll want to add the sliced potatoes, stirring a little to mix everything. Stirring often, cook for 10 minutes with the casserole covered untill the potatoes become tender.
- You can then add the cream, the mustard, and half of the cheese. And please stir a few times.
- Once removed from the heat, transfer to a baking tray and cover with the rest of the cheese. Finally, go ahed and bake at 190 ºC under the broiler and grill for 5 minutes to brown the surface a little. And that’s it, better be served hot.
RECIPE NOTES :
- If desired, you can substitute the onion for leeks.