Looking for a delicious, easy, family friendly meal done in just 30 minutes, These Cheesy Beef Quesadillas are the best !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Flour tortillas: 4 large
- Mexican-Cheese Blend: 2 cups
- Fire-roasted corn kernels: 1/2 cup, drained
- Cherry tomatoes: 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- Black beans: 1/2 cup
- Diced avocado: 1 small
- For garnish, I used limes wedges and fresh minced cilantro
For the Steak :
- Sirloin steak: 1lb/500g
- Ancho chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Paprika: 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Mexican oregano: 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin: 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- To begin with, go ahead and preheat your furnace to 450 degrees F. Then prepare a baking dish using a piece of parchment paper.
- To make the steak, you’re going to get a small bowl and mix io all the spices and salt together. You can then cover the steak generously with the seasoning combination.
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side of sear beef.
- Once you start preparing quesadillas, go ahead and remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Make sure to put 2 tortillas on the prepared dish. And please sprinkle each one with 1/2 cup of cheese. I placed the tomatoes, black beans, corn, and avocado on top.
- At this stage, the steak needs to be sliced thinly against the grain and put on top of the filled tortillas.
- The quesadillas should be sprinkled equally with the remainder of the cheese. Immediately top with the remaining tortillas.
- Ok now, go aqhed and bake in the oven till the cheese is melted and the tortillas are cooked up, it takes around 10 minutes.
- Once you remove them and sliced them, permit cooled.
- The last step is to serve with lime wedges, sour cream, and guacamole, and top with the fresh cilantro & ENJOY !!