Hash brown casserole
Wooow, 5 stars casserole of hash browns !! I served it for my guests on breakfast and they loved it !! The best thing about this recipe is its versatility..a winner !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
° McCain® Breakfast Diced Hash Browns: 2 cups
° Ham: 1 cup (should be cut lengthwise and crosswise into 1.5-cm (0.5-inch) strips)
° Apple: 1 (cut into small pieces)
° Onion: 1 medium (halved and thinly sliced)
° Eggs: 2 large
° Heavy cream: 1 cup
° Salt and freshly ground pepper
° Gruyere cheese: 1 cup, about 4 ounces (grated)
° All-purpose flour: 1/8 cup
° Green onions: 2 (chopped)
- As usual, I set the temperature of my oven to 230 ° C (450 ° F) before starting.
- And please butter, lightly, an 8-inch (20.5-cm) baking dish and set aside.
- Saute McCain’s Diced Hash Browns in a preheated two small skillet over medium-high heat according to package directions. Immediately remove from heat; put aside.
- Add the ham in another skillet for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pieces start to brown. Add onion and apple pieces for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned. When finished, transfer the mixture to a plate and permit cooled slightly.
- Then you’re going to get a large bowl and whisk in together eggs, cream, all-purpose flour, 1/4 tspn salt and 1/8 tspn ground black pepper. You’ll want to add 3/4 of the Gruyere cheese and the cooked mixture of McCain® diced hash browns, onion and apples, mixing well.
- The prerparation needs to be placeed in the baking dish and garnished with the remaining cheese at this stage.
- Alright now, cook uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Make sure to remove foil and cook until top is golden brown, it takes around 15 minutes more.
- The last step is to remove from oven, garnish with chopped green onions. Immediately serve & ENJOY !!