2 Tbsp. salted butter
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. onion – finely minced
16 ounces frozen sweet corn
2 ounces regular cream cheese (not low or fat free) – cut into small chunks
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ cup fresh shaved Parmesan cheese (optional but delicious!)
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter and honey.
Once butter and honey melted, add the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add frozen corn, and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
Add cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir together and let it cook, about 3-5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Serve the corn hot with a little fresh shaved parmesan cheese and some fresh ground pepper right before serving.
Don’t stir it, leave it on top!
Slow Cooker Instructions
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cook on low heat for 1-2 hours. The cream cheese will melt – stir well and set to the warm setting until you are ready to serve.
• Use regular cream cheese because low or fat free cream cheese does not melt properly for the creaminess needed.
• The leftovers keep very well when in an airtight container stored in the fridge.
• Dairy does not freeze well so I do not recommend freezing. Dairy can become grainy and separate when frozen and thawed. This is such a quick and easy dish that freezing will not save you time.
• Chop up a small jalapeño pepper and sauté with the onion for a little heat.
• If using fresh corn on the cob, you will need about 8 large ears of corn for this recipe. Carefully cut the kernels off the cob and set aside in a bowl before beginning to prepare the dish.
• If using canned corn, drain well, rinse with cold water, and let the water drain well. Rinsing removes any canned taste from the corn.