This is a tried and true recipe !! Just follow the recipe as directed and you’ll see that it really is Husband’s Delight Casserole !! Definitely a keeper !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– Ground beef: 1 ½ lbs.
– Tomato sauce: 2 cans, about 15oz. each
– Cream cheese: 8 oz.
– Sour cream: 8 oz.
– Egg noodles: 8 oz.
– Cheddar cheese: 1 ½ cup
– Garlic: 2 teaspoons (minced)
– Italian seasoning: 1 teaspoon
– Sugar: 1 teaspoon
– Salt and pepper to taste
METHOD OF WORK :
- I always set the temperature of your oven to 350 degrees before starting.
- Saute the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove until it is completely browned. And please drain any extra grease.
- You’ll want to add the Italian seasoning and minced garlic to the skillet, and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- After that, pour the tomato sauce and sugar into the skillet with the meat. Immediately add salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Then you’re going to get a bowl and mix in the sour cream and the cream cheese.
- Okay now, you can cook the egg noodles until done to your liking and drain totally.
- Half the egg noodles needs to be placed in an even layer in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- For this part, top the noodles with ½ of the cream cheese mixture and then ½ of the meat mixture.
- Make sure to repeat with another layer of noodles, cream cheese mixture and then ground beef on top.
- The cheese should be sprinkled on the top of the casserole at this stage. To finish, remember to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.