Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy dish to cook today, then you have got to give this one a try! Oh, man, you need this in your life! This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is cooked to perfection! As we all know, slowly but surely! Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy!
4 small russet potatoes peeled and diced
1 small white or yellow onion chopped
1 c shredded carrots
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
3 c chicken broth
1 lb lean ground beef
8 slices cooked bacon chopped
3 tbsp butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 c milk I use 2%
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 c shredded pepper-jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
Green onion chopped (for garnish)
- In the bottom of a large crockpot, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, parsley, and dried basil.
- Pour the chicken broth on top of the veggies, then cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for about 8 hours on a low setting or 4 hours on a high setting.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Discard any excess grease.
- Transfer the ground beef into the pot about 45 minutes before the cooking time ends with the veggies.
- Add the crumbled crispy bacon into the pot.
- In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture into the pot and stir until well mixed.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted completely.
- Cover the pot and cook everything for 20 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!