Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1hr 5mins | Total: 1 hr 35 mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
These Smothered Chicken with Spinach, Potatoes, and Mushrooms is a creamy, cheesy, flavorful recipe. It is one of those dishes we find in our family to be comfort foods. Try this recipe if you’re searching for delicious comfort food.
(½) cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
To taste: (1) pinch of salt and ground black pepper
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
1 tbsp olive oil, or as needed
(6) small red potatoes, quartered
1 tbsp butter, or more as needed
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
(3) eaches green onions, diced
(3) cloves garlic, diced
1 (10.75 oz) can condense cream of chicken soup
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup sherry wine
1 (8 oz) package fresh spinach
1 (8 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Start by preheating the oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a baking dish.
- Add and combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Shake off excess breading.
- Add and heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook the chicken until it turns brown on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes, and then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cook potatoes in the same skillet and stir until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add the butter. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add and saute the green onions and garlic until garlic turns brown about 3 minutes. Add soup, broth, and sherry. Let it boil and cook until sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add and pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes in the baking dish. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top, and then cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- In the preheated oven, bake it for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
- You can substitute any wine for sherry wine.
- You can use any cheese available for mozzarella.
Per Serving: 440.8 calories; 94.3 mg cholesterol; 723 mg sodium; 39.1 g protein; 37.3 g carbohydrates.
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!