Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you want the best meal today, then you have got to give this one a try! In less than an hour, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. large (16-20 count) wild-caught American shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail removed
3 links (7 ounces) cooked Andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 tbsp butter
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 c chicken broth
1 can (15 oz.) diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
⅓ c heavy cream
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, or to taste
½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley plus more for garnish
½ c quick grits
½ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
3 c chicken broth
For the Shrimp:
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add oil and butter, then allow them to become hot.
3. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
4. Add the celery and green bell pepper, then sauté until soft.
5. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
6. Add the Cajun seasoning, cayenne, and flour. Whisk and cook for a few seconds.
7. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and sausage. Stir until well mixed.
8. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes.
10. Add the heavy cream, then stir until well blended.
11. Serve immediately with grits. Enjoy!
For the Grits:
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add chicken broth and allow it to boil. Add salt and stir until well blended.
3. Add the grits. Refer to the instructions provided on the package on how to cook them.
4. Add the black pepper, cream, and cheese. Stir until well blended. Remove from the heat.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 1132TOTAL FAT: 69gSATURATED FAT: 32gTRANS FAT: 2gUNSATURATED FAT: 30gCHOLESTEROL: 527mgSODIUM: 6468mgCARBOHYDRATES: 61gFIBER: 6gSUGAR: 12gPROTEIN: 67g
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!