Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 (10-ounce) filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, optional
- 8 (ounces) Sautéed Mushrooms
Roasted Garlic Mashed
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg Pasta Partners Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While skillet is heating pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and brush them lightly with vegetable oil. Sprinkle peppercorns over both sides of steaks, pressing lightly to evenly coat all sides.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- When the skillet is ready, add the steaks and sear them evenly on all sides this should take 2 minutes per side, about 10min total.
- Sautee Mushrooms and spoon over steaks, place the skillet in the oven. Cook the steaks until they reach 120 degrees F for rare or 125 degrees F for medium-rare on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the steaks from skillet to serving plate and cover tightly with aluminum foil let rest for 10min. then serve.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wash and cube potatoes. Cook potatoes in 4 quarts of boiling water until tender (approx. 20 minutes).
- Add Pasta Partners Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce Mix to milk and butter in microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring after each minute or two.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add the Roasted Garlic Sauce until desired consistency is achieved. Salt and pepper to taste.