This refreshing side dish is packed with a beautiful mix of delicious fruits make up the best fruit salad to bring along to barbecues, picnics, and anytime you want an easy side dish to satisfy a crowd !! Trust me, this is a recipe you will find yourself coming back to over-and-over again as it is an easy way to get them to eat a lot of fruit at once !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– Strawberry: nice red color with no dark spots
– Pineapple: choose the one that have a sweet smell of pineapple.
– Red grapes
– Mandarin oranges
– Bananas (optional)
– Lemon “gives flavor”.
METHOD OF WORK :
How to prepare fruits for salad
- Before starting the preparation, wash each fruit separately. Simply because there is one type of fruit that needs to be washed more than the other.
- Keep in mind that you should cover the fruits while cutting others.
How to make the best fruit salad recipe:
- The fruits mus be chopped, except the blueberries. You can then add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend together honey, lime zest, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Make sure the fruits are put on top immediately before serving. Evenly toss it.
- We don’t recommend you use frozen fruits in this recipe fruits are tender, once thawed, and watery, so, unfortunately, it won’t work the same way as fresh fruits. Always remember to use other fruits in season as it is a versatile recipe.
Tips for a perfect fruit salad :
- Use a variety of fruits..Better be the ripe ones.
- It is necessary to buy pineapples and kiwis for about a week in advance. That’s right, they take time to ripen.