I have a wonderful dessert, Banana Pudding Poke Cake, to share with you today!! It blends two of my favorite sweets, banana cream pie and pokes cake, making it an unforgettable dessert!
This Banana Pudding Poke Cake, only in a cake shape, has all the tastes of Banana Cream Pie. It is sure to be a success with layers of banana cake, pudding, milk, strawberries, and vanilla wafers!
The trick of having gaps big enough for the pudding to be able to sink into the cake is a nice poke cake. I want to use a rubber spoon handle. It works beautifully.
• 400 gr.Of shortbread cookies.
• 400 gr.Of sugar.
• 80 gr.Of flour.
• 5 eggs, we will need 4 yolks and 5 whites.
• 5 medium ripe bananas.
• 1 Liter.Of milk.
• A pinch Of salt.
• FIRST STEP: Set the oven at 200 ° C, to preheat.
• SECOND STEP: Boil the milk with 100g of sugar in a saucepan. Peel the bananas and split them into roughly 1 cm slices. Only reserve them.
• THIRD STEP: Separate the whites from the yolks then, before the mixture foams, whip the latter with 150 gram of sugar. Add in the salt, the starch, and the milk to the simmer.
• FOURTH STEP: Mix until creamy, then bring it all back in the saucepan and heat until the cream thickens, and remove it from the heat.
• FIFTH STEP: Butter the bowl, and then have a sheet of cookies, and then half the milk. Place half of the slices of the banana, then one layer of the cookies, and the other half of the slices of the banana. Cover the second part of the milk with it.
• SIXTH STEP: Whip the whites: apply the remaining sugar slowly until they begin to set, and whisk vigorously.
• SEVENTH STEP: Spread the meringue on the plate and stick it in the oven for 20 minutes to color the meringue. To keep it from burning, do not hesitate to place a layer of aluminum foil.