Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
If you are a huge fan of eggplant, then you have got to give this recipe a try! I am sure that you will love this! A big thanks to my dear friend, Susan, for this spectacular recipe! Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
3 medium eggplants
1 tsp salt
1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 large Eggs
1 c panko bread crumbs
1 c Italian style bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
2 c marinara sauce
8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
¼ c chopped fresh basil
1/2 c freshly grated parmesan cheese divided
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch cuts.
2. Arrange the eggplant slices onto a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
3. Season with salt and allow them to rest for about an hour.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
5. Apply cooking spray on 2 large baking sheets.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
7. In another mixing bowl, add eggs and beat until creamy.
8. In another mixing bowl, add the Italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, and panko bread crumbs. Stir until well mixed.
9. Dip each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, then into the bread crumbs. Repeat the process to the rest of the eggplant slices.
10. Arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
12. Place them inside the preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Make sure to turn the eggplant slices after 10 minutes to roast the other sides.
13. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
14. Add 2 tbsp of marinara sauce and spread it evenly.
15. Add 1/2 of the eggplant slices over the marinara sauce.
16. Spread the rest of the marinara over the eggplants.
17. Add the mozzarella cheese over the marinara.
18. Arrange the rest of the eggplant slices over the mozzarella.
19. Spread more marinara over the mozzarella.
20. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and basil on top.
21. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
22. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
23. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!