This delicious and super creamy combination of potatoes, mayonnaise and mustard, hard-boiled eggs, sweet onion, sweet pickle relish, and celery makes the perfect side dish for potlucks, cookouts, and picnics !! You can never go wrong with this southern classic side dish, it goes perfectly with grilled meats and sandwiches !! What makes this Southern Style Potato Salad over the top is that it’s easy to follow, yet delicious !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Russet potatoes: 3 pounds (medium)
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Yellow mustard: 1/4 cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 teaspoons
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Onion powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweet pickle relish: 1/4 cup
- Celery: 1 stalk, chopped
- Sweet onion: 1/2, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs: 4 (3 chopped and 1 sliced)
METHOD OF WORK :
- To start off the recipe, goa ahead and cut each potato in half then place in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
- You’ll want to add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, or until fork tender all the way through. And please drain well.
- Once drained, permit cooled and then peel and discard the skins.
- Then, you’re going to get a large bowl and place in potatoes. Using a knife, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- After that, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and onion powder in a small bowl. Make sure this mixture is poured over potatoes and mix in well.
- Immediately add relish, celery, onion, and the chopped eggs and mix in well. You can then Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Alright now, go ahead and top with sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. And that’s it, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for no less thatn 4 hours.