Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
In just 30 minutes, yes, 30 minutes, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner today! This recipe is what you just need to satisfy all your cravings. Try it now. Enjoy!
2 tbsp sesame oil, or extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c low sodium soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1-inch fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 head broccoli, cut into florets or 1 winter squash, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
3 tbsp honey
1/3 c pomegranate juice (equal amounts of apple cider or orange juice are great substitutes)
3 tbsp hoisin sauce (make sure to use GF, if needed)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, using more or less to taste
steamed rice, sesame seeds, and pomegranate arils, for serving
2 green onions, finely chopped, plus more for serving
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 225 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the garlic, ginger, green onions, chicken, and a bit of pepper. Use your clean hands to mix everything until well combined.
4. For about 15 to 20 meatballs out of the meat mixture.
5. Arrange the meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave a small space between each meatball.
6. Place the winter squash or broccoli on one side of the prepared baking sheet. Add a bit of oil, salt, and pepper on top, then toss until well coated.
7. Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven, then bake the meatballs and veggies for about 15 minutes or until done.
8. In a saucepan, add pomegranate juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp oil crushed pepper flakes, vinegar, and honey. Stir until well blended.
9. Place the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Allow the mixture to boil for about 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
10. Add 1/2 of the sauce on top of the meatballs, then toss until well coated.
11. Bake the meatballs for another 3 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and allow the meatballs to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Garnish each serving with sesame seeds, pomegranate juice, and green onions.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the freezer. They can last up to 3 months.
Don’t forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!